To Drive Or Not To Drive? That is definitely the question...  

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

When the government announced that the price of petrol would increase by 30 cents a few weeks back, I was like, WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But i didn't think it was going to affect me that much, y'know. So i got the shock of my life when I filled RM50 worth of petrol into my car and found out that the even with that amount of money, it wasn't enough for a full tank....so I started wondering, would it be better if I stopped driving to college and take the public transport instead? I kinda list down the pros n cons of both "modes of transportation" and here is what i ended up with:

Pros for Driving
~I get to drive myself around and not be dependent on my parents
~It's much easier if I was driving when it's raining...the torture of waiting for the bus to come in a thunderstorm *shudder*
~it's not crowded inside my car
~I will get a place to sit inside my car (obviously!)
~i will have to learn to control my spending
~i will gain more experience of driving on the crazy KL roads

Cons for Driving
~it consumes too much petrol
~i have to take out money for tolls
~i have to search every nook n cranny for parking space in the damn parking lot
~the probability of me hitting people or people hitting me is like super huge
~i know i'll get stuck in the stupid KL jams!!!!!
~if a flood occurs...i don't even want to think about it
~the car might die suddenly while i'm driving
~there are maniacs on the roads!!!!

Pros For Public Transportation
~Slightly cheaper than driving
~No jam on the LRT
~LRT's quite efficient
~No worries about road maniacs n accidents

Cons For Public Transportation
~although the LRT is efficient, the transit bus to get to the LRT station is soooooo unreliable!!! Once, i had to wait 40 minutes for the freaking bus!!!! and it was raining that day!!!
~my mum will take forever to pick me up from the nearest LRT station, even though the nearest LRT station is like less than 10 minutes away from the house
~even though there is no traffic jam, the amount of people on the buses and trains during peak hours going in and out is crazy!!! I want to cry sometimeshen i have to take the train during peak hours!!!!

Talking about public transportation, a lot of Malaysians are either ignorants or they are totally oblivious to their surroundings. Last week, I had to take the LRT from Bangsar to KLCC to go back because my dad took my car n i'm hitching a ride with my mum n i had to go to her office near KLCC there. My class finished about 5.30 so the train was bloody packed when I got in. Obviously i had to stand la....i don't mind standing in the train actually. So anyways, a pregnant woman came in at the KL sentral station and the poor woman had to stand because nobody offered their seats to her. The ones who were sitting down were either looking at their feet like it's the most interesting thing in the world or reading some novel/newspaper/magazine without actually looking to see if anybody (ie the pregnant lady) needs the seat. I wanted to slap their faces...i mean, the woman was obviously pregnant!!! that's not the best part...another pregnant lady came in a few stops later n this lady also had to stand up. Only at the next stop did these people realise that there were TWO pregnant women that needs to sit down and that is only because those people who were sitting on the seats had to go off at this particular station. And to think that these two women are risking their pregnancies because standing up means that they are risking falling down, which could lead to a miscarriage! And the government say "change your lifestyles! use the public transports!" Puh-leeazzzzze!!! These bigshots are all driven around in some nice, expensive cars n they don't even know the beginning of the faults of the public transports n they want us to adjust our lifestyles n use the damn public transports! let's see how they survive going on the public transports everyday!

All things said, i must say i prefer to drive rather than take the public transports everyday....the public transportation in this country is still hopeless....when they improve, who knows, maybe i will stop driving n just take the public transports everyday....till then, i guess i shall drive everyday....my dad prefers me to drive anyways...hehehe

i think that's enough ramblings for today....c ya soon

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster