Monday, November 23, 2009

Yesterday I went for Acap's sister's wedding in Melawati. The place was really nice for a wedding. I mean, I was pleasantly surprised to know that such a place existed in Melawati. The hall wasn't such a big hall, but it was nice, nonetheless. Made the ceremony more intimate. And it was so cold inside there. So as usual, the tips of my fingers got so cold, it felt like I was getting frostbites. LOL.

But it was so weird seeing my friends from Monash in the Melawati area. And it was weird, too, for me to be my friends' designated guide to the wedding. LOL.

So anyways, when my brother asked me where I was going, I told him "my friend's sister's wedding."

And then Anis, who was going with me, said to him, "You know where I'm going? My sister's-friend's-sister's wedding. Actually, it can also be my best friend's-brother's-best friend's-sister's wedding."

Confusing? Yeah, that's what happens when everyone comes from the same school. Eventually there'll be an apparent six degree of seperation situation. LOL.

Oh, by the way, Zara was hugging me just now and I am seriously beginning to feel like I am the only vertically-challenged person among my siblings because that 8-year-old girl now stands at my shoulders.

I'm JUST a head taller than her! At the rate she's going, by the time she's 12 she'll be taller than me. What the hell. -___________-

I really don't mind my height cause when I wear heels, I don't tower over (most!) people. Plus most of my friends are around my height anyways.

But I still have problems with people comparing my height with those of my siblings, especially when it's something like "Oh, the elder one is smaller than the younger one". I really don't need people to state the obvious. I see my siblings everyday, hence I am quite aware that they are bigger and taller than me.

And you know what's so ironic about this?

The name ALIA means rising or ascending. And sublime. And even the HIGHEST.

Which is obviously that's not true about my height.

But I guess it's sort of true, still, cause I'm the highest in standing among my siblings. LOL.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


0 scribbles: to “

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster